The North Augusta Greeneway is a 12-mile paved trail with a number of access points in the North Augusta area. A popular recreational choice for residents of North Augusta and across the CSRA, the trail welcomes walkers, runners and cyclists. No motorized vehicles are allowed and pets must be on a leash. The trail is open from dawn to dusk year-around.
While on the Greeneway, be sure to look out for the bluebird houses located along the trail. The Barbara S. Greene Bluebird Trail on the North Augusta Greeneway was established in 2015, named in honor of the former First Lady of North Augusta and wife of former Mayor Tom Greene. The trail has grown to include 23 boxes, with additional sponsorships available. During nesting season (March 1 – September 1), volunteers monitor the bluebird activity in the boxes, and you may have some baby bluebird sightings yourself!
Greeneway Access Points:
- Riverside Blvd / across from The River Golf Club (P)
- Municipal Building at Center St (P)
- Boeckh Park at Hammond’s Ferry
- Hammond’s Ferry Soccer Complex (P) (R)
- Riverview Park Activities Center (P) (R)
- Cypress Dr / Hammond Hill
- E. Martintown Rd / The Rapids (P)
- Knotty Pine Rd / Knollwood
- Pisgah Rd (P)
- Bergen Rd (P)
P / parking available
R / restroom available